Saturday, May 23, 2009

143/365


Today was our annual "Build-A-Bear" excursion. This is our 5th time doing this for Marley's birthday. She told me today that she wanted to do Build-A-Bear every year until she got married. Marley wanted to go to Yankee Candle to get the "bear" but go to the mall Build-A-Bear to get the clothes and accessories (they have a much bigger and better selection). I think she likes the whole process of going to Yankee Candle and looking around up there, but the Build-A-Bear at the mall is much better really. This year she chose a black lab and called him Blackie. We bought Blackie two outfits, a denim pocketbook, a collar and leash, and another leash. What a fun day. Kris called later tonight and asked Marley if she had a good day and she said it was "fabulous."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Smart little girl....she got two special occasions in one day that way...lol

Linda L.

Anonymous said...

You are an AMAZING person, Deb. I just love both your Blog and this site.. It has shown me just what an amazing person you are. You either think of or maybe spend time finding so many interesting, fun, learning, experiences for Marley. She will have SO MANY happy memories to look back on when she is grown. You're grandson has no idea what a loving thoughtful grandma he has. He has a lot to look forward to.

Linda L

Debbie said...

Wow, thanks Lin for your very kind comments; they brought tears to my eyes (of course, you realize that these days I can cry about almost anything...LOL).

I have found my niche doing these blogs; I really love it (I think you should give it a try -I'd help you start!!!).