Sunday, October 11, 2009

284/365


Today was a rather odd Sunday. As none of the kids were going to be around for dinner, we went to first service with Dot, and then headed out for a hike at Bash Bish Falls in Mt. Washington, MA. We have driven by the signs to this falls but have never taken the hike. And what a hike it is. There are two ways to get down the mountain, a steep 1/4 mile hike almost straight down (rocks, tree roots, and very steep) or a 3/4 mile easier hike. We took the 1/4 mile but I swear it seemed like 10 miles. It was worth it though. The falls were beautiful. It was such a beautiful day and it was very crowded. Lots of small children, which I could hardly watch running all over the rocks. Coming back up the mountain was even worse. I really need to get into shape (or take to my couch) LOL!

It was so pretty there I had to add a couple of more pictures.

3 comments:

janice said...

those are beautiful pictures. al and i used to go there when we were dating and "make out" Ha Ha

Debbie said...

You wouldn't have enough breath left to make out now. I could barely breathe getting up that mountain :) LOL!

Liz said...

Hey you....beautiful place, but climbing mountains does nothing to get one over a nasty cold. Sorry, you really don't look well.... you don't look like "you"! Sometimes you just have to kick back, tell everyone else "I'm sick", and postpone the usual weekly planned stuff. You could be making yourself worse. I really hope you feel better soon. I hate colds! I hope you get over yours soon!