Wednesday, October 28, 2009

301/365


Tonight was craft night in Prims. We are doing our Earth badge, so Pat came up with a neat craft, Ocean in a Bottle. You put aquarium sand and stones in the bottom of a soda bottle, put in shiny marble stones, little shells, etc. Then you add light blue colored water, glitter, baby oil and then glue the cap on. Things went pretty well until I went to do the glueing. The glue wouldn't come out the top so I forced it and it came out the bottom, all over my pants! It's a good thing that the kids have Pat for a leader. I hate crafts! We would probably never do crafts if I were in charge. Anyhow, the girls loved it and they really did come out cute. Hopefully the caps all stayed on after they got home! :)

3 comments:

Liz said...

Wow, you hate crafts? Good thing you're not into "scrapbooking" :)
Sure is a lot of "pink" in that room. I can only imagine all that little girl noise too! 'Tis a wonderful thing you do.....you are making an impression on these girls...they will "remember you", for longer than you can imagine!as well as a connection to God,Jesus, Church, Family, Happy Times! Enjoy

Debbie said...

I guess that does seem like a dumb statement, that I hate crafts, when I love scrapbooking, but I don't really consider scrapbooking a craft. My main thing with scrapbooking is photos and stories. Even so, sometimes I think, "Why do I do this???" It's a lot of work!!

P.S. I have always hated crafts!!

Linda L. said...

Deb, I had a wonderful laugh "visualizing" you sitting there squeezing a tube of glue and having it spilling all over your pants....lolololol I have to agree with Liz on you hating crafts yet loving to do scrapbooking. Maybe the key is to do a little scrapbooking project with the girls sometime.